Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Name change may be needed...




















The kids and I went downtown to visit OvO today. We were very prepared to see him hooked up to tubes and to be laying down pretty drugged up. Well to our surprise the doctor walked into the room with OvO on a leash! He is already up and walking! I could not believe it. The kids were so happy to see him. He looked really good considering everything her has been through. I brought him some ham for a treat and he ate it up! That made the Dr. happy. He came up to me for an ear rub and I happily rubbed away. They think he might be able to come home tomorrow and OvO is already prepping himself for the trip.. He ripped out his chest tube this afternoon! If he does come home he will have to be on very strict crate rest. No ball fetching for him!



I guess the worst part of it all is the damage to his fur! I think we may have to call him Patches for awhile.



I called my mom to let her know that she and OvO now have something in common....
They both belong to the zipper club! Maybe I'll get them matching tee shirts for Christmas
(and no she didn't think I was very funny) (I did)(hehehehehe)















I do need to print a retraction to my earlier blog. Dogs actually have 6 lungs not 4. There are 2 on the left and 4 on the right. Which is rather amazing that his problems were on the left because the right side is better a adapting and compensating. The Doctor said at the end of the surgery they could see the right lungs expand and move over to the left to start taking over. How cool is that! God is amazing and I thank you all for your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the Dubas are so happy he is okay. It was nice to hear from you. Miss you all. Love, The Dubas