Thursday, February 15, 2007

Magic island...



I need to make sure that you are all sitting down for this next post.....
Are you sitting?

Good, What I have to tell you next may shock you. I woke up this morning and I had breakfast with Barbara and Melinda and then I.....went to sit out in the sun by the pool!

Duh what do you all think I would be doing???????
It was really hot today! I had to get up often to get in the pool to cool off.

I could not spend a lot if time in the sun today since we had a parents meeting at 12 p.m.

The meeting went well. We got to meet some of the parents and tell them about ourselves ect....

Then we had lunch and the kids started to arrive for day 2 of the audition.

Before I tell you about that I thought I would tell you about the magic...
The Chef is great. Her name is Annek. The food just magically appears on the counter or in the fridge covered in plastic wrap. I have yet to see her actually cook anything?? I smell it, but there is NEVER a mess or prep going on. I don't get it. Even when she makes an omlette I saw her break the egg in a bowl and then bam it is on a plate in front of me??
I am not sure if I told you about one of the coolest features of Barbara's house. I know what else could there possibly be there. She has a built in coffee maker! It is like having a mini starbucks in the wall. You put your cup under it a press what size you want and out comes a cup of hot cofffee. COOLNESS!!

But I saved the best magic for last...
For Valentine's day, Karina gave me a mini bottle of champagne. I placed it in the fridge in the cottage to chill...
Last night Melinda opened the fridge for some water and she asked me "What is this a mini six pack of champagne?" I told her that Karina gave me a bottle for Valintine's Day. She told me that there was six of them in there. I said "what?" I went over to look and yep....there was six of them! How cool is that? The national beverage clones itself when chilled!



The second audition went great too. We have a lovely dinner and then poor Barb fell asleep on the couch and so Melinda and I slipped out to the cottage to chat about the kids and of course have some of the national drink!!

All in all it was a lovely day in heaven.

No comments: