Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What we will do for our children....



Ok I know some of you already think that I am crazy. After reading this everyone will know I am. In my defense I did it for the CHILDREN!

There is one gift that my boys want for Christmas. It is the elusive Nintendo WII. I cannot find it anywhere. The only place that seems to have it is EBay. They want people to pay double for it. (I am not that crazy)... So one day while I was in Target I was speaking with an employee. He said that they already have them in but cannot sell them until the 17th on Dec. He went on to say that if I came at 5 a.m. and waited in line that I would probably get one. So what does one think I would do?

I recruited some other crazy people to go with me and wait in line in the freezing cold! I am still not sure who is crazier?!!!

We decided that to be sure that we would get one that we would get there are 4 a.m. So we packed up quilts, sleeping bags,
a few down comforters and some air mattresses and of course hot cocoa. We drove to the Exton Target. We could not believe our eyes....there were already 20+ people in line!! We took our places and set our stuff up and snuggled in for the long wait until 8 a.m.

After chatting for a bit and finally getting comfy I started to fall asleep around 5:30. Just then we heard an employee (a very grumpy one) snap, "You know we only have 15!" Everyone in line was in shock! The have been collecting this shipments for who knows how long and they only have 15! And why is it that they know that all these people are outside their store waiting for one and they cannot come out and tell us that or post it in the store window! No, what do they do... They just let 75 people just freeze for nothing! I can tell you that was my last trip to TARGET!!!!!!!!

As we sat in shock for a few moments we then heard that Toys R Us has a bigger shipment of 35 at the store with a possibility of 50. So Kathy left with the son of the lady in front of us to go get a space in that line and Gina and I waited for confirmation from Target that they really only had 15. We got a call from Kathy that they were 30 something in line and we should come over. So totally ticked at Target we packed up and left for Toys R Us with the lady in front of us.

We get there about 7 and wait.... and wait.... and wait.... Thanking that at any moment they will come out to tell us how many and hand out the tickets for them. It was not until 7:45 does someone come out and say that they only have 24!!!!!

If I hadn't been frozen my blood would have been boiling! Why do that make you wait all night to tell you anything.
As you probably guessed I am not shopping at TOY R US ever again either!

I just cannot believe that other store told people how many they had by posting it on the door or the night shift workers told them! I also cannot believe the small number of these they are getting. I also want to know where everyone selling them on Ebay is getting them. I feel safe to assume that they are TARGET AND TOYS R US EMPLOYEES!!!!

Well I have to say that I tried to get the boys what the wanted but no luck! Sorry guys. Maybe after Christmas Nintendo will figure out how to manufacture and ship things!

ALL FOR THE LOVE OF A CHILD!!!!

5 comments:

Mike Perry said...

Wow that was some effort and what a disappointment. I arrived here, by the way, by clicking on the Next Blog button.
Mike.

Cinzia said...

Nice to meet you!

Ice said...

awww i am sure your boys would be greatful at your efforts!

Cinzia said...

Thanks Ice! I hope so....

Unknown said...

Let us know when you succeed! I know Ryan wants to play!