Monday, December 25, 2006

Twas the night before Christmas....




Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
And mamma in her ‘kerchief, and I in my cap,
Had just settled our brains for a long winter’s nap.


Now I will tell you how it really happened...

Twas the night before Christmas, when all throught the house
I was up stirring (spaghetti sauce) not my sleepy spouse.
The stockings were stuffed (at 3 a.m.) gifts wrapped with care,
I hopes that I might get to retire to my lair

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While I started to have visions and pains in my head.
I was in my jammies,(my special pink sweat pants) with tape stuck to my lap
I just settled that I was not sleeping tonight, tomorrow I will nap


(YES I STILL HAVE THEM)

Even with the late long night I still have to say that this is my favorite time of the year.
I enjoy being the first one to be up on Christmas morning. It is so quiet. It is the calm before the storm.

I make sure everything is in its place.. Jesus has to arrive in our nativity set and the wise men have to move a bit closer.
I get the cinnimon buns ready to go into the oven and then I sit down to look at everything as the sun comes up.




I know I could try to get more things done before this night but I am not sure if it would feel like Christmas without it.





I am now getting sleepy and will take a cat nap until the kids wake me up waiting for their picture to be taken on the steps!

Talk to you all later today


MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and to all a GOOD MORNING!

No comments: